So we need your input-
We are looking at offering a new training session this fall (maybe late September)
This training would be for District Coordinators (and School coordinators where there is no District-level coordination.)
The training would be lead by 3 of our long-term and most successful District Coordinators-
Robin Timko – Joseph Badger, Cindy Baer – Howland, and Lois Thornton – Youngstown City
These ladies run the full variety of school districts, Urban, Suburban, and Rural.
They also do funding in a variety of ways: Grant money and District-wide fund raising, Pay-to-Play, support from the PTA/PTO organizations.
Among the topics we’re looking at are:
- How do you get teams formed?
- How do you get money to pay for the teams?
- How do you recruit the Team Managers, get them trained, and make sure they are “on program”?
- What are your responsibilities to the Region 1 Board? Participation, forms, money, etc.
- What are your responsibilities to your District? Forms, statistics, money, etc.
- yea! Teams made it to State, now what?
- OMG! Team(s) qualified for Globals!!! Now what am I going to do?
Here’s what we need from you-
- Would you be willing to attend this training?
- Are there other/additional topics you’d like to see covered?
Please get back to us on (either yes or no) this so we can begin planning.