Participants in Destination Imagination ®
WE DO DI
Region 1 is located in Northeast Ohio
and is comprised of Ashtabula, Trumbull and Mahoning Counties.
the people that make things happen in REGION 1
The most important people in DI. Get Started Today!
Our team managers provide an environment that encourages team work and creativity.
Our appraisers train to learn the Challenges and are a vital part of our tournament.
Our volunteers help with so many tasks on tournament day.
Challenge Masters are special folks. It’s their responsibility to see that each challenge at the Regional Tournament runs correctly with a fully trained set of Appraisers.
TAP OR CLICK
TO SEE THE
CURRENT CHALLENGE MASTERS
Board members represent the membership and are a vital part of Region1. We ask that each District or School membership have an active member on the board.
TAP OR CLICK
TO SEE THE
The Executive Board is the elected board responsible for the affairs of the region. The Regional Director and Assistant Director represent our region in state affiliate meetings.
TAP OR CLICK FOR
THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
- DI Alumni Trivia NightAre you a Destination Imagination alum? Test your trivia skills at our Alumni Council’s virtual mixer! Our Alumni Council is hosting two trivia nights in June and will be releasing more details on those events soon. You don’t need a team of friends to play! In fact, you’ll be placed randomly on a team of […]
- Virtual Instant Challenge: Take a HikeFor this week’s Virtual Instant Challenge, Take a Hike, we’re heading outdoors for an alphabet scavenger hunt! Students will find and take photos of as many letters of the alphabet in nature as possible and challenge their friends or family members to do the same. Once they complete the challenge, continue the fun by having […]
- Marshmallow Catapult STEAM ChallengeGot marshmallows? This is a great STEAM activity that kids will have a blast doing. You should also have many of the materials already on-hand! Challenge: Using the materials below, build a catapult that can launch marshmallows to knock down 6 plastic cups stacked in a pyramid shape. Setup: Place 6 plastic cups in […]
- Virtual Instant Challenge: Unexpected MishapsThis week’s Virtual Instant Challenge is a performance-based activity and is all about mishaps that occur on a single day. Get a group of friends or Destination Imagination teammates together online and share your solutions with us using the hashtag #InstantChallenge. Challenge: Create and present a performance about a day when unexpected mishaps occur. […]
- Resources for 2019 Affiliate Secondary TeamsIf you are a member of a secondary team during the 2019 tournament season, there are a number of resources that you may be interested in: Graduating Seniors Register as an Alum – If you are a graduating senior, we encourage you to keep in touch with OHDI by filling out this alumni registration form!…
- 2019 OHDI PinsThe OKC Board is pleased to announce the winners of the 2019 OHDI pin contest! Zane Sheeks (Lake Geneva, WI) came up with the Monster Chest idea. Zane will receive $100 and several sets of pins plus a plaque honoring his achievement. The designer of the chess set pins wishes to remain anonymous. We would…
- Invitation to Attend DI PolandDear International Guests, We are pleased to inform that our DI Poland Tournament will take place on 11-13th March 2018. Therefore we would like to INVITE all of you to participate and celebrate creativity with us in our beautiful city of Wroclaw – called ‘the meeting place’. You will find the INVITATION and REGISTRATION FORM…
- About the Team ChallengeHave you ever wondered what the Team Challenge is? Maybe you’ve been a long-time DI supporter/participant, but lost sight of the purpose and process when it comes to the Team Challenge. The video below, created by Destination Imagination Headquarters, provides an overview of the Team Challenge.
Board Meetings are the 2nd Thursday each month– Region 1 Board (Denny’s Belmont @ I-80, 6:30 dinner, 7:00 Business) Exceptions are November 2019, December 2019 and February 2020. See Below
9-Nov 2019 – Team Manager Training Day!
9-Nov 2019 – November Board Meeting
10-Dec-2019 – December Board Meeting
31-Dec-2019 – Team Tournament Registration EARLY BIRD Deadline.
15-Jan-2020 – Team Tournament Registration Deadline.
31-Jan-2020 – Pin Order deadlines.
1-Feb-2020 – T-shirt contest form deadline.
13-Feb-2020 – Appraiser & Volunteer Form Deadline. The will be NO extensions as the Appraiser Assignment team will be making assignments on 02/16 or 17 so that the CM’s will know their staff and so the Appraisers can be informed of their assignments ahead of Training.
22-Feb-2020 – Advertising Form Deadline
29-Feb-2020 – Appraiser Training – First United Methodist Church of Niles, 608 N Crandon Ave, Niles, OH 44446
29-Feb-2020 – “March” Board Meeting Following Training
14-Mar-2020 – Tournament @ Youngstown State
16-Mar-2020 – Forms for Ohio DI Tournament due (non-compliance will cost Region 1 money)
4-Apr-2020 – Ohio DI Tournament, Centerville Schools
20-May-2020 – Global Finals, Convention Center, Kansas City, MO