Participants in Destination Imagination ®
WE DO DI
Region 1 is located in Northeast Ohio
and is comprised of Ashtabula, Trumbull and Mahoning Counties.
the people that make things happen in REGION 1
The most important people in DI. Get Started Today!
Our team managers provide an environment that encourages team work and creativity.
Our appraisers train to learn the Challenges and are a vital part of our tournament.
Our volunteers help with so many tasks on tournament day.
Challenge Masters are special folks. It’s their responsibility to see that each challenge at the Regional Tournament runs correctly with a fully trained set of Appraisers.
TAP OR CLICK
TO SEE THE
CURRENT CHALLENGE MASTERS
Board members represent the membership and are a vital part of Region1. We ask that each District or School membership have an active member on the board.
TAP OR CLICK
TO SEE THE
The Executive Board is the elected board responsible for the affairs of the region. The Regional Director and Assistant Director represent our region in state affiliate meetings.
TAP OR CLICK FOR
THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
- 7 Ways to Make DI Stronger: Letter From Our Executive DirectorSeven ways to make Destination Imagination stronger, more strategic and better than ever – but we need you to make that happen. (Yes, you – dear reader.) Dear DI Family, It’s time for all of us to harness our collective imagination! This is not the easiest blog post for me to write, but here I […]
- Global Finals Virtual Closing CelebrationOur Global Finals 2020 Virtual Tournament is wrapping up soon. We are so proud of all of the teams that submitted their creative solutions to the Team Challenge Showcase and Virtual Team Challenge, and we look forward to celebrating their accomplishments during the Virtual Closing Celebration! The Virtual Closing Celebration will take place on Thursday, […]
- Penny Raft STEAM ActivityHow many pennies can your boat hold? For this STEAM activity, kids will build a device out of straws, tin foil and masking tape that can float in water and hold as many pennies as possible without sinking. Kids will learn about buoyancy and the engineering design process with this fun and simple challenge. If […]
- Congrats to Our 2020 Graduate of the Year!Congratulations to Ayan Gupta, our 2020 Graduate of the Year! Ayan is from Washington state and started his Destination Imagination (DI) journey in elementary school. Though his participation in DI, he grew in confidence and creativity—two skills that led him to create the nonprofit organization, STEMZ Education, in 2017. STEMZ offers affordable mentorships with accomplished […]
- Resources for 2019 Affiliate Secondary TeamsIf you are a member of a secondary team during the 2019 tournament season, there are a number of resources that you may be interested in: Graduating Seniors Register as an Alum – If you are a graduating senior, we encourage you to keep in touch with OHDI by filling out this alumni registration form!…
- 2019 OHDI PinsThe OKC Board is pleased to announce the winners of the 2019 OHDI pin contest! Zane Sheeks (Lake Geneva, WI) came up with the Monster Chest idea. Zane will receive $100 and several sets of pins plus a plaque honoring his achievement. The designer of the chess set pins wishes to remain anonymous. We would…
- Invitation to Attend DI PolandDear International Guests, We are pleased to inform that our DI Poland Tournament will take place on 11-13th March 2018. Therefore we would like to INVITE all of you to participate and celebrate creativity with us in our beautiful city of Wroclaw – called ‘the meeting place’. You will find the INVITATION and REGISTRATION FORM…
- About the Team ChallengeHave you ever wondered what the Team Challenge is? Maybe you’ve been a long-time DI supporter/participant, but lost sight of the purpose and process when it comes to the Team Challenge. The video below, created by Destination Imagination Headquarters, provides an overview of the Team Challenge.
Board Meetings are the 2nd Thursday each month– Region 1 Board (Denny’s Belmont @ I-80, 6:30 dinner, 7:00 Business) Exceptions are November 2019, December 2019 and February 2020. See Below
9-Nov 2019 – Team Manager Training Day!
9-Nov 2019 – November Board Meeting
10-Dec-2019 – December Board Meeting
31-Dec-2019 – Team Tournament Registration EARLY BIRD Deadline.
15-Jan-2020 – Team Tournament Registration Deadline.
31-Jan-2020 – Pin Order deadlines.
1-Feb-2020 – T-shirt contest form deadline.
13-Feb-2020 – Appraiser & Volunteer Form Deadline. The will be NO extensions as the Appraiser Assignment team will be making assignments on 02/16 or 17 so that the CM’s will know their staff and so the Appraisers can be informed of their assignments ahead of Training.
22-Feb-2020 – Advertising Form Deadline
29-Feb-2020 – Appraiser Training – First United Methodist Church of Niles, 608 N Crandon Ave, Niles, OH 44446
29-Feb-2020 – “March” Board Meeting Following Training
14-Mar-2020 – Tournament @ Youngstown State
16-Mar-2020 – Forms for Ohio DI Tournament due (non-compliance will cost Region 1 money)
4-Apr-2020 – Ohio DI Tournament, Centerville Schools
20-May-2020 – Global Finals, Convention Center, Kansas City, MO