If you are looking for ways to recruit new teams, or just to make DI more accessible for existing teams, you are welcome to utilize Discount Team Numbers. Each Affiliate is entitled to use up to 25 Discount Team Numbers at a rate of $35 USD each.
Originally, Discount Team Numbers could only be used for first-time DI teams. However, we want you to use them in the way that will be most effective in Ohio. Maybe you want to use them to make DI more affordable for a specific school district. Perhaps you’d like your Affiliate to pay for them so you can give them away. It’s up to you!
The Executive Board met on Monday evening September 26th to discuss this offer and this is what we decided to do with this offer of Discounted Team Numbers.
1. Using our “Marketing Funds” we receive from DI, we are going offer these 25 Discounted Team Numbers to teams from every region with DI teams across the state.
2. Instead of offering a reduced charge of $35.00 per team membership, we are offering a “free” membership to the selected teams. This will be at no cost to the affiliate as we are considering this as marketing and thus is covered by the marketing funds allotted from DIHQ.
3. To qualify for this free membership, a team must submit an application on the OKC website or through this link: https://forms.gle/vq99csPNrLcpZufC6
. With that submission, the team will enter the lottery.
4. The Executive Board will randomly select the teams on October 16th from those applications submitted by the October 15th deadline in this manner:
a. Each region will have two teams chosen randomly from teams who applied from their region.
b. The balance of our allotment of 25 teams will be randomly selected from the remaining teams that submitted applications.
c. If any region does not have two or more teams that applied for this opportunity, then that region’s remaining allotment of teams will go back into the general lottery pool.
5. This lottery will begin as soon as we have placed the information on the website. Vince has been working on this and it will be posted on Thursday, September 29th. The “winning” teams will be notified within a few days of the lottery selection.
6. Each Regional Director is responsible to publicize this program within their region and address any application questions from their teams. Please include the above application link in any correspondence sent to your team managers.
7. Once a team is selected from this lottery, they will be given a team number which they will use to register their team with DI.
8. Additional information for the teams to apply will be on the OKC website and application form.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
OKC President 22-23